Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Presence of God - David 01/28/2009

All,

Has anyone taken the time to listen to some of the attached videos? The testimonies to the side are especially touching. Let me call special attention to the third one down to the right side of the blog site. It looks like it has a truck in the snow on the picture. Please listen to it before you read the rest of this blog, never mind the silly music. After you listen to it, examine yourself.

Consider. We all have spouses and are ourselves someone's spouse. We want to know our spouse and we deeply want to be known. Correct? I cannot have a fruitful and fullfilling relationship with my spouse if I do not know about her. However, I could study until I knew every possible thing about her and still not know her. I would have to walk with her and talk with her and spend a great deal of time enjoying her company. The knowledge I have should drive me or inspire me to want to be with her. Is that how we are approaching God? I wonder. Do we desire his fellowship, do any of us truly know what Communion with God is? Can we honestly commune with the Father unless we have made his presence a "practice"? Or do we more commonly pray a prayer and then leave without having communed with the Lord of Glory? What if our hastily planned prayer time was a minute shy of the Lord stepping down to visit us? What if we got off of our Knees just one minute to early? I am so guilty of this. Should we not take Brother Paul's advice and seek God's face until he visits us? Is it not his great desire to commune with His children? I wonder what my response would be if my son came into the room while I was sitting their and said, "Hey Dad, I'd like to talk with you. Oh, yeah, I am sorry about forgetting to cut the lawn. Oh, also, can I have $5.00 to spend at the Mall." And just as I was about to respond, he said bye and walked out of the room. What would I feel like? How is it that if we have truly tasted of the fountain of God's Goodness and Grace we could treat prayer so lightly? May God forgive us. He does not treat us such. May we repent and pray for singleness of heart and may the Kingdom of God suffer violence from the throngs of prayers that our little group sends heavenward.

2 comments:

  1. More than insightful,David, in fact a frightening truth. In my daily quest to fulfill my daily obligations, I must confess I am guilty of giving more to other things than to my God. I suffer ,needlessly, a victim of myself simply because I have only considered the things that bring immediate relief and then find no relief at all. There is only relief in Him and through His wonderful love and grace I find peace. I need more and more time before my Lord, even more than I realize! I so appreciate the friendships and mentoring I have found through my friends here. I feel that for the first time in my life, I have a direction and a purpose that I can honestly say is bringing me closer to truths about God I never knew and a relationship with Him that is life changing.
    Praise God for all He is doing in our little group and in each one of our lives!















    everything over to Him. Our natural desire to

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David. No, I have not listened to the Video, but will in time. Your analogy concerning your son's request and haste hit home. This is the area of greatest weakness in my walk with God, and one of greatest satisfaction when routinely practiced. This morning as I was praying I found myself not knowing how to pray for our percieved need posted here on this site, and confessed to Him I didn't know how to pray concerning this. Moments later I clearly felt His direction to pray only that His perfect will would happen, and if another delay was perfect that He would hold us and help us see Him in it. Like most of us I only wish I had more time for the God.

    ReplyDelete