Friday, January 30, 2009

"I WILL Be Their God" Jeremiah 32:38-42

"And they SHALL be my people, and I will be their God: And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me forever, for the good of them, and of their children after them: And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me. Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul. For thus saith the Lord; Like as I have brought all this great evil upon this people, so will I bring upon them all the good that I have promised them."
How Wonderful is this God that we serve? I hope this will encourage those of us that are his children. Those of us who Fear Him. A good and holy fear that springs from the enlightenment of a New Heart. A fear that does not fade or turn into complacency over time. This Holy God is to be highly esteemed and not treated lightly. Our God is not tame! He offers no promises outside of this covenant of Grace. Yet, in this covenant, all the promises are yes and amen in Christ. This terrible and mighty God that will one day fall apon the wicked has shown himself gentle and tenderhearted toward his own "Seed". He WILL NOT turn away from them to do them good. What does this mean, oh, what does this mean! We will search this out for eternity. He has not merely convinced us of these things but reveals himself in such a way to his children that we are humbled and WILL NOT DEPART. Those who do, prove that they are not his. For if they were, and have been enlightened, how could they depart? This life spring will be so evident that generations down the road will receive graces because of it. As a New Father he will delight in us and take us unto himself and shower us with himself, with unfettered love. He does not merely give us pearly gates and streets of gold but he gives us himself. What gift could be more precious? If you do not see the value in this, I fear you are not a Christian. Oh, the evil as we perceive it, that we face in this life, is not the plan of some demon but the purpose of God our Father. Is he not preparing us for eternity? Is he not changing our affections? The things of this life are being shown in their true light. They are being pushed out and will be gone in an instant. And yet consider this. With the same intensity that God pushes out this world he will usher in the New. He will fall apon evil like a Lion does his prey and yet will fall apon his children like a Lion her cub. The dark showers of persecution and trials and tribulation ordained by the hand of God will pale in intensity to the reward awaiting us. I suggest that it will require the Grace of God in us for us to survive the blessings and love showered on us in eternity. Who is like our God? Oh, for a thousand tongues to sing!

2 comments:

  1. Great post David. I love the true perspective that those things (dark showers of persecution and trials and tribulation) are ordained by God, and I believe, to conform us into His image. Those things many would apply to the enemy of our souls and say this is his handiwork, and rail against it. If we really desire all that he has for us, is there anything he cannot use/ordain to bring us unto Himself? The Kingdom of God is not health/wealth and prosperity, it's righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. His Kingdom is not of this world. I believe the richest blessings for the saint of God are gained through the deepest sufferings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that spiritual food. It was exactly what I needed this morning. Keep them coming(:

    ReplyDelete