Thursday, April 9, 2009

Whose Righteousness?

"One day as I was passing into the field, this sentence fell upon my soul. Thy righteousness is in heaven, and me thought with all I saw with the eyes of my soul Jesus Christ at God's right hand. There I say was my righteousness, so that wherever I was, or whatever I was doing God could not say of me he lacks my righteousness. For that was just there in front of Him! I also saw moreover that it was not my good frame of heart that made my righteousness better, nor yet my bad frame that made my righteousness worse, for my righteousness was Jesus Christ Himself, the same yesterday today and forever. Now did my chains fall off my legs indeed! I was loosed from my afflictions and irons! My temptations also fled away... so that from that time those dreadful scriptures of God left oft to trouble me. Now went I also home rejoicing for the grace and love of God." (John Bunyan 1628-1688)


Rom 5:18-19, Therefore as by one offense sentence came on all men to condemnation, even so by the righteousness of One the free gift came to all men to justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of One shall many be made righteous.


The obediance here is not just His death on the cross, it was the whole of His life! This obediance has been appointed onto us, His sheep. This truth when God reveals it to your heart will cause you... no drive you to do marvellous acts of obediance and sacrifice for Him.

Php 3:8-9 But no, rather, I also count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them to be dung, so that I may win Christ and be found in Him; not having my own righteousness, which is of the Law, but through the faith of Christ, the righteousness of God by faith,

This truth has set my heart free... Oh may I be found in Him! ... I just want to be found in Him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment