Friday, April 3, 2009

Trust in Our God

"I would trust my God as unreservedly as Alexander (The Great) trusted his friend, who was also his physician. The physician had mixed a medicine for Alexander, who was sick, and the potion stood by Alexander's bed for him to drink. Just before he drank, a letter was delivered to him in which he was warned that this physician had been bribed to poison him, and had mingled poison with the medicine. Alexander summoned the physician into his presence. When he came in, Alexander at once drank the cup and then handed his friend the letter. What grand confidence was this! He would not let the accused know of the libel till he had proved beyond all dispute that he did not believe a word of it." Charles H. Spurgeon

It occurred to me in Study and Prayer this morning that I have been short sighted in my understanding of Satan's Wiles and Deceits. I am fully aware that he accuses me before God. I am from time to time stumbled because of his trickery. Yet I am relieved and comforted when I think upon Christ. Can Satan bring a railing accusation against him? Can my Lord be accused of evil? I know that if I be found in him I am safe. And yet. It never occurred to me that his trickery goes even deeper. My problem lies not in the fact that he accuses me before God, but that he accuses God before me. He would convince me that I have sinned one to many times and that God could not possibly still love me. I have committed the same sin numerous times and God has had it. He would convince me that my rebellion or doubt is stronger than the Blood my Savior Spilled so that God could Fully Love me and remain Fully Just. Satan is right when he accuses me for I am of all creatures to be despised. Yet there is Christ. But Accuse my God, how terrible. How terrible. The thought brings tears to my eyes. Even worse, is that I have, in my Christian walk believed his lie on so many occasions. Yet, even for this depraved, doubtful and trust less sin, there is Christ. Can you not see him? God is not like us, nor does he love as we do. Trust in our Lord and what he has done for he is worthy. Praise be to God.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks David! As always, God through you has opened up truth to me in a way I have never thought of... (I feel the poet coming out... well here goes..., "I'm going to paste this one on the door of my heart as a constant reminder of the enemy of my soul's trickery.")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Josemar to our little site. I trust your life will be enriched by what God is doing in us.

    ReplyDelete