Saturday, February 28, 2009

Possible Live Feed - Consider

All,

I hope everyone is well. I met with Martin last night and he suggested something that I would like everyone to consider. He has the ability and know how to "Live Feed" our little group to the Internet. It would be cast to a different website that would link to our site, temporarily. Then that feed could be archived and viewed at any time. All that view it can be tracked. I know of people who do not attend but who are interested in what the Lord is doing here. What a perfect opportunity to reach others with these great truths and yet keep our immediate group at a manageable size! In addition, when people go out of town or miss group, they can catch up with what happened. There are many things that can be done on the site such as Posting the Outline of each study and having a chat forum. We don't know of anything like it on the Web. This could be an open door and then again it may just be a tool for our group. Martin will be back at group on Monday and we would like everyone to try and stay back about 20 to 30 minutes if possible for him to answer questions that you may have and to show you what can be done. I personally think it is a great idea and utilizes a gift that we have been given and a talent given to one of our members. It may be that if we put this out there, the Lord does not bless it. If that is the case, then it can be canceled and we will continue as we were. However, if the Lord does bless it and it grows, we will want to consider incorporating both our current site and the new site into one. Please also know that we can film in such a way that those who don't want to be shown on the Net will not have to be. Please consider and Pray about this and I look forward to speaking with you all over the weekend and or on Monday. May God richly bless each one of you!

8 comments:

  1. David/Martin,
    I may not be able to stay back this week, but I do have questions. Questions not necessarily related to the live feed but how this may change the dynamics of our group. I don't want to stand in the way of something the Lord might want to do, but at first glance I have to say it does concern me, and causes me to wonder...

    I would like to hear your heart here David, you might be able to persuade me that this is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim,

    I would not want to do anything that would change something that is clearly being used of God. It would not change anything other than seating arrangements. Those who did not want to be seen on the blog would not be filmed. I figured those of us who are leading the groups would sit in the seats that would be filmed. Other than that, it would just make the group available to those who are not with us. They can post comments or chat on the link page but that will not affect the group during the meeting. We could individually respond at other times. I spoke about this with Martin and we do not have to do anything that we don't want to do. Do you have any other concerns other than the group changing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tim, we put the Video on the site only to show what is possible. If the group decides that it is not a good idea then we can take it off. I would however like everyone to pray about it. I really do not think it will affect anyone in the group other than Martin and myself unless someone else decides to start reaching out to people that may start watching and making comments. What I thought we could do is try it and see if it bears fruit. I know of no other way to see if it is the Lord's will unless everyone is uneasy about it. Please tell me what you guys think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. David,
    I will pray about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After thinking about it, I called Pam to see what her thoughts were. We both agree that this is a great opportunity to use technology to promote the Word in so many ways. First of all, as a group we remain on the same page,as it were,because those who cannot be there can still participate. Then, taking advantage of Martin's most excellent talents, we could have streaming video and audio that could be available to others that we may not even know but might catch a meeting and have questions that they could comfortably and securely ask online and get answers to questions they might not otherwise been afforded an opportunity to inquire about in there current church or religious affiliation. There could be so many variables here that I think we should take advantage of this and see if God blesses it or shuts the door.That's my thoughts..see you guys tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me just say it's great to see Allen and his lovely wife following the blog. Your presence live and in person would be great every once in a while.

    The changes to the site are very good; THANK YOU MARTIN! Your talent is amazing! I am warming up to the idea of the webcast. I think my reservations are probably just personal, and I just need to get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All,

    Martin said that our site recieved 20 some percent more hits from new visitors today alone. The average visit lasted 8 minutes and that is 4 times the average for the internet. It is likely that these people are actually reading this information. Do all for the Glory of God!

    ReplyDelete