Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Holy Spirit

So... is the work of the Holy Spirit, or maybe more plainly speaking the gift of the "baptism" of the Holy Spirit purely to serve the need of man? To give him power to live a better life? To give him all that he needs to get through this life with ease? ...or does the baptism in the Holy Spirit serve the purposes of God? Is He given to us to Serve God's purposes... or man's?

I think I know the answer but this morning I heard something different. When He was poured out, the Apostles did what? They spoke the Word of God in boldness... What happened? The hearers received the ministry of the Holy Spirit which produced the following; Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?"

The Holy Spirit convicted them of their sin by pointing to Christ. This is the work of the Holy Spirit, not to help us with our life, not to serve our purposes... right?

Instruct me, challenge me, sharpen me... if you will.

I am alienating all my facebook friends so I will post my musings here if that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment